BBP 0.00% 9.5¢ babcock & brown power

This is off BBP site;"Ross RolfeExecutive DirectorBBPL &...

1. 2,086 Posts.
    This is off BBP site;

"Ross Rolfe
    Executive Director
    BBPL & BBPS

Ross Rolfe joined Babcock & Brown as a senior executive in July 2007, his role being of a strategic nature with a primary focus on Infrastructure (predominantly in Energy and Transport). He is also a member of the Board of Infrastructure Australia; member of the National Board of Infrastructure Partnerships Australia and a Non-Executive Director of WDS. Prior to joining Babcock & Brown, Ross held a range of Chief Executive Officer positions in the Queensland Government, including the Director General of the Department of the Premier and Cabinet, and in industry in Queensland, including CEO of Stanwell Corporation, one of Queensland’s largest energy generation companies. He was also the Co-ordinator General in Queensland – a position he held for six years. In this role Ross was responsible for the delivery of the South Queensland Regional Infrastructure Plan, the design and implementation of the Water Grid and the development of the Queensland Government’s Energy policies in 2000 and 2007. He is based in Sydney."

To put it simply - he was a bureaucrat and laterly in Beatties inner circle here in QLD which made him a 'big man'. Prior to that he ran Stanwell Power which was a 'protected species' QLD Generator where the biggest challenge was making sure the Minister at the time looked good.

B&B no doubt employed him for his 'connections' in QLD.

I'm sure Rolfe is a very capable chap but I'm hoping Len Gill will be the big player in the tough negotiations coming up with the likes of AGL and Origin.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BBP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.