BMN 2.23% $2.19 bannerman energy ltd

The global mining press shows that the decline in prices is...

1. 3,994 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 344
    The global mining press shows that the decline in prices is broad based. There are a couple of negative influences affecting the spot price at the moment icluding the closure of the Cameco treatment plant in Canada that produces 30% of the worlds fuel rods, for maintenance till Q4. There will be a backlog to clear then. The buying frenzt a while a back caused some overbuying so those processos are quiet in the market just now, but neither BMN nor any other Namib producer i know will be producing for a few years yet, so current spot prices dont mean much. The market demand side will build up as all the new plants start construction or are completed. The Chinese and Russians have few NIMBY problems and will probably build quite fast, but one of the more immediate price factors may be the rapid decline in material from demobilised nuclear weapons. It is close to ending.
    The news today contained a story of a sudden decline on global temperatures of 0.7 degrees this last year. This might be interesting as far as demand for nuclear energy goes, with the associated demands for base load power in the northern hemisphere. i do have one idea- if any number of these intending Nplant builders and there are droves of them, get the idea there is going to be a uranium shortage down the track, they may decide to get in early and stockpile. China is definately setting up a strategic stockpile soon. It is not possible to store vast quantities of coal or oil but it is easy with uranium. It isnt very bulky. This could be a wild card for short term spot prices?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BMN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.19
Change
-0.050(2.23%)
Mkt cap ! $391.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.30 $2.31 $2.17 $1.112M 505.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 3301 $2.19

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.20 15000 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BMN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.