CVI 0.00% 0.3¢ cvi energy corporation limited

Its a fair point MW but cant see the connection to CVI or indeed...

1. 250 Posts.
    Its a fair point MW but cant see the connection to CVI or indeed any oil stock except for one factor, their cost of production may increase due to increased pressure on their wags bill and other production inputs

The whole question of inflation and monetary policy is up for much discussion at present and I for one agree with your take on the flow on effects from increasd prices (fuel included) > increase in inflation rate > RBA ups interest rates > cost of borrowing up > pressure on prices and wages > increase infaltion... and so it goes.

Up shot is, the RBAs management of inflation is a very blunt tool and hits a segement of the economoy not solely responsible for the increased prices and hence, it needs to overcompensate/over punish this segment in order to have a material effect on spending and hence inflation

Dont want to get political here, more a comment about any parties policy, but the game of tax cuts that has been going on just to be elected/re-elected by both parties + their overspending has causefd much of this problem (I call it voter bribing) and unless they pull their respective heads in, the problem will continue

This started many years ago, thinking back one election, Beasley commented that the lib tax cuts were simply trying to buy votes (and I said at the time hell yea, of course they are) and this time around it was no different

So what am I saying, both parties are at fault and unfortunatley they were poking the stick at the bear in the cage (the RBA) which awoke it, made it angry, and now we all have some scratches

As for CVI and the market in general, one way to compensate for the increase prices is to make more money so I guess I for one will be hoping for an increase in the value of all my stocks at a quicker rate than any increases in inflation and interest rates

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CVI (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.