Well, that's a good question - everyone is changing plans...

1. 80,483 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    Well, that's a good question - everyone is changing plans because we all expect another lockdown - on top of that, canals are closing a lot due to low water - no rain, high temps - happened last year as well.
    So, I've just cancelled Paris (bit the bullet). Am on the way to look at a potential winter stop - which will put me within shooting distance of Paris if I've made a dumb decision - but, I can get in there to see a few things I wouldn't mind seeing - plus catch up with some people who want to meet.
    Then, after just a brief look at that - I am heading south to near Migennes - which, believe it or not was my original plan.
    Anyway - I walked to a statue park which a couple told me about - in Lagny-sur-Marne -- believe it or not - I must be weird - but, I got a lot more out of this than I did out of the Eiffel - pics below
    On the way from there I stopped at lock 16 - because there isn't many places to stop after that for a while and I need a big day after.

At lock 16 I met a French guy - born in Africa and came to france when he was 5 years old - he's got a boat and is stuck at lock 16 because he's got an insurance job fuel leak - anyway - he showed me a sneaky little place to park the other side of the lock next to Fifi's bar, resturant and noisy music night spot - he stayed there a week - then jumped over to the other side of the lock when he thought he might be wearing the fifi welcome mat a bit thin -
    so, even though I am on a mission - I jumped the lock early and pulled up at fifi's - because it was very close to supermarkets - and, Fifi's is a great place - wonderful feel --------- pics below - so, stuff the mission - I'm stopping here for a night at least - why not ---

below is the sculpture garden

a camp - first I've seen - on the way to the sculptures

the town itself

1.JPG

1.JPG

2.JPG
    3.JPG
    4.JPG

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.