Well, Fifi's turned out to be exciting - don't plan on...

1. 80,490 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    Well, Fifi's turned out to be exciting - don't plan on excitement ----- I like quiet, predictable and peaceful -- so, I went to bed very early - only to be woken by a boat load of french blokes who rafted up next to me and use my boat to gain access to the cafe -- that was fine and they were quiet and no fuss - but, it woke me twice - then, - after midnight - some young pissed or drugged dickhead riding his bike along the riverside at the cafe decided that my boat cockpit looked like a very nice place to sit and have a smoke - I heard and felt it instantly - went into the wheelhouse and shone a 1000 lumens forward - nothing - then, I lifted the towel hiding the sun off the back doors and there he was large as life - blinded of course by this stage - I told him to 'off' - and, off he went - apologizing in French - he pedaled off not too straight - I didn't feel threatened - but, it sure stuffed up my rem for the night
    I was very glad to get to the next stop because it was going to be a long day - so, I did some business on the way past Paris and then swung south - later in the day - I made mistake after mistake - I knew I was tired but, I felt ok. (Turns out I'm not the only one who disliked that stretch - most think the locks there suck for pleasure boats - more later)

I stopped for 2 nights in an area where there's a lot of live aboard students - it was a good stop - and, I had my first real shower in a couple of months.

Onward to where I really was aiming for ----

this place is special - Morea-sur-Loing

I got there late (for me - about 5.30 PM) - I had a place further up the creek as backup if I couldn't get in here ------------- this place WAS full - but, thankfully I found some Aussie mates from back up the creek - so, here we are rafted up - a multi day stop for me.

The pictures speak for themselves and I will put some videos up next

Rafted.JPG

Town 1.JPG
    Town 2.JPG
    Town 3.JPG
    Town 4.JPG
    Town 5.JPG
    Town 6.JPG
    Town 7.JPG
    Town 8.JPG
    Town 9.JPG

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.