2 parts to the reply - 1. connection requires attention to the...

1. 80,433 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    2 parts to the reply -

1. connection requires attention to the present and physical AND attention to something in the past - which can only be physical in the form of artifact - so, sculpture, painting, image that depicts life or surrounds in the past -

hence - 'the connection'

2. 'self absorbed' -- bloody good observation and thank you for that - I was wondering if what I was seeing was subjective and how much objective truth there was to what I was seeing - even if I was seeing it on videos - it's still through my eyes - so, stuck with the same subjectivity.

My thoughts are -------------- yes. Much of life I go the effort of not being noticeable ------- my boat is smaller for a number of reasons and one of those reasons/benefits is that it's sort of invisible - and, my little opening porthole above the galley is an amazing spy place - people just do not see you in there - and, even dogs have trouble - they can't hear me, they cannot see me - my doggie friend in a pic in an earlier post - ok, he's old and a bit deaf etc. - but, he's very aware of my presence when I'm in the wheelhouse and cockpit etc. - but, in that porthole - I had to put my hand out and flick my fingers for him to think 'wtf' is this - I better investigate - of course, once he found the trick - he's onto it.

People are the same - and, IMO - they do seem self absorbed here - moreso than in other countries I have been in - I won't count Vietnam - because they are honed for survival - so, they notice everything. - But, other places - it seems to me that people are not inside their heads as much as the French.

I am looked at many days, but, most days - not. - I am looked at a LOT more if they see me with umbrella up - it appears to be a real novelty - even the Vietnamese didn't bother with that one.

I am definitely looked at much more on the days that I bladeshave - clear as crystal - I am mostly talking about women - but, by some men as well. I am experimenting with that now in comparison to electric shave days and no shave for 2 days plus - it's an incredible difference.

However - unless I respond - extended eye contact, or voice or a raise of the eyebrows rapidly then smile etc. ------------- they appear to stay firm in their own world.

The walking bridge behind me is called the 'passerelle...' -- whilst I see them very easily - although almost in their face - I am as good as invisible - and, the bridge attracts people (the view is stunning) - I have seen very personal moments - what I think might have been a gay couple breaking up (or perhaps 2 extremely good friends with one having lost someone very close - but, I think my first guess was the most likely), a family doing some sort of negotiation - the family was separated. Young very beautiful girls being photographed by people. Old people in thoughtful moods. workers on their way to work stop for the last moments of freedom before heading into work - they never stop on the way back. - etc etc.(I will show you the locks on the bridge later - locks like on the bridge in Paris - locks of secrets).

however, the over riding thing is - they are in their own lives and they do not interfere in others - again, there's a whiff of freedom about it - that - in france you do what you wish - and, you don't interfere in what others are doing

bit of a rave - but, I hope it gives you an idea

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.