yes --- 1.50 - that's stone and he did that at 16 years old - he...

1. 80,424 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75

yes --- 1.50 - that's stone and he did that at 16 years old - he went to Paris not all that long after and worked there - he was in a gallery with someone else -

I don't get the picture yet - but, I sort of got the idea that he hadn't ever sold anything - I might have got that wrong -

he's got pieces in London and America - but, ?? I don't know if the galleries own them or they are on loan.

I saw quite a bit in his art - many of the subjects had fear and anxiety. There's a lot of naked women, but, wearing fur coats ------------- I didn't say anything to his wife - but, I thought that was saying something about women prostituting themselves (not prostitutes as we know them).

Yes, Hitler got a gig - and just before hitler - there's a rotund man - that's Charles de Gaulle - he's more stocky than any of the statues I saw of De Gaulle around - particularly in Calais ------------ Charles and Yvonne got married in Calais - she was from Calais

there's a heap of blokes in suits together - they are bankers.

There's a hell of a lot in his art ------------- she says he didn't know anything about it ------------------------- my thought was - maybe, maybe not - his subconscious was sure active

I asked her if he was easy to live with - she said no, she left him.

Interestingly - that area where De Gaulle and Hitler are - that's the space he worked in - but, it burned down in 1995 I think she said - which, if I got it right - was the same time she left ---------- if so, was an interesting year -

then, he moved to work in the small front area of a bigger space - his work area was where the stone sculpture of the young male at 1.50 is - a much smaller space

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.