Just a quick food post ----------- unusual for me to do the food...

1. 80,488 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    Just a quick food post ----------- unusual for me to do the food thing bar pretty window shots - but, this is quite different.

The weather has been conductive to stews and goops - and, the local supermarket has a special on 'boeuf something' - 'beef something'

so, I got 300 grams without knowing what it was.

when I got it ready for the nuclear machine - I thought - that actually looks like liver - anyway - it turns out that it's tongue -

I haven't been a dedicated tongue eater in the past and only had it in cold or jelly sort of things - but, this - this is really nice.

The flavor just borders on the edge - unmistakably (even for me) gherkin --- but, the real standout is the texture of the meat - it's exceptional - I've never had anything like it.

The texture is like beef - but, oddly and beautifully soft and tender, but, you still have the grain of the muscle.

just fyi - if you've never had tongue done like this - it's well worth a try if you like meat and you like winter foods.

I reckon some of this hot with a fresh baguette (straight out of the back room) and some cold butter laced with salt crystals -------- it's going to be hard to better it.

bt.JPG

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.