my comfort day range without any wind at all is 15 to 25 -------...

1. 80,679 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    my comfort day range without any wind at all is 15 to 25 -------

15 and up no wind and sun is just a T shirt.

I've not got out of shorts or leggings - one or the other, not both.

I wear leggings on the bike all the time and often when walking - tiny short socks and all terrain runners - just light tops, but, sometimes I wear a warm vest. It's what you get accustomed to I find - my legs never feel the cold fully exposed - down to about minus ??? maybe 7 or 8 -------------- below minus 10 and I would go to longs.

I have a lot more trouble adjusting to the heat - my body does it fine - very rapidly, but, my head has more trouble. Cold is easy to fix - when it's 40 in Vietnam and you've got just about nothing on and umbrella up and it's still hot - well --------------- what can you do?

I pulled my feather jackets out once early when it got cool - thinking - well, it's time - but, after a few weeks - I repacked them. My parka sits forlornly on the sofa waiting for it's day of use - but, really I should pack that away as well.

The only thing that I've had that's been uncomfortable are my hands on the bike wearing light gloves -- at 20 kph - my hands do get cold - which doesn't bother me - until I come back and try to get the key in the doorlock - then, I know that my hands aren't working all that well - so, I've caved in to thicker gloves which has solved the cold problem - but, I hate being constrained with them - I like freedom greatly.

maybe next winter I might stray and stay south a bit - a lot depends on Covid among other factors - I like where I am - but, there's a lot of France to explore. If we are allowed out to play at the normal time - I've got a lot of miles to do before I either get back here or tie up for next winter somewhere else ----------------- who knows.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.