I don't know - I want to do the boatie thing because it's got...

1. 80,433 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    I don't know - I want to do the boatie thing because it's got huge advantages - the contacts - who you run into time and time again - the places you can go with boats - particularly if they can fit in tight spaces -- it's so easy to park in the middle of a city - it's crazy really - with your own personal space all setup and familiar - not like a hotel room.

but, - I also want to get a vehicle of some kind - which - was an easy choice before - something sexy and fast to reflect my good looks, charm and speedy lifestyle - but, has now morphed into something that must be able to carry a mountain bike - haven't worked that one out yet.

I'm 'toying' with all sorts of things - buying a place here (and in Oz) - just sticking to what I'm doing, getting an SUV or similar for the bike - I really don't know.

What's clear is that France is now nicely setup for me - I'm in the system - I've got the real needs covered - accommodation, transport, health, visitation all down pat now - so, even though I want to see a lot more of Europe - I would be crazy to say - buy a place in some other country - where I'm all set in France

all in all - I've no plan ------- assuming health holds.

I had planned to head off down the Canal de Bourgogne when it opens - but, it sounds like it's going to open late April (which was a shock to learn) - but, the Nivernais is going to open mid March -- so??????????

I don't know - and, now after speaking to my historian friend - I could easily spend a summer here as well as another winter

it's all too much these big decisions - I fear I will just have to go to the patisserie, buy a dessert and ponder it over coffee - then, put the decisions off for another month or so

basically - in answer to your question - ?????? no bloody idea really.

There's also the problem of 'women' --------- I'm trying to avoid 'contact' - but, the inevitable will probably happen sooner or later - so, god knows what will happen there when the universe gets the next dumb idea in it's head

there's also the issue of when Covid is over and all the bloody pesky tourists might come back - that might change the whole deal and I might not like it so much doing the boatie bit

some of the mob in that video have been doing this for 20 years - others - 15 years - and, others - newcomers

god knows it's a great way to get old
    Last edited by pintohoo: 25/02/21

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.