"If you pass through the Hamel district, and its convenient,...

1. 80,514 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75

"If you pass through the Hamel district, and its convenient, shoot us a photo or two."

arrrh - a photo or two???????????? crikey ---

it's massive ------ there's two monuments - the original has been reopened in 2018 - - it's plainly amazing --

it's just so big, so interactive (the John Monash Centre is fully interactive) and so complex that I had to remind myself why it was here as I left the main building - which is right up the back -

Pictures cannot describe some (most) of this ------ words fall flat pretty easily -

I have some videos - I'll put up 2 per post and hope they show something of a taste ------ I'd say it's a place that every Australian should probably visit - it's very impressive.

I'll think about it overnight -whether to put up any vids of the main interactive experience in the John Monash Centre - video, pics - nothing can capture what's in there - it's almost all around you on multiple screen levels - with lots of battle noise and simulated smoke - all I can say is - don't sit at the front - it's where the smoke comes up - you're better at the back.

Atm I'm sitting in the carpark - I've had a couple of hours inside - it's closed now and I'll go back in the morning for an hour and then, probably back in the arvo for a couple of hours.

This is very difficult to know where to begin - so -- I'm going to begin in the tower of the Original Australian Memorial - where the John Monash Centre is underground - it will give a bit of perspective

Australian National Memorial

Route de Villers Bretonneux, 80800 Fouilloy

here's the google maps link with lots of pics better than I have

https://www.google.com/maps/place/A...2!3d49.8869906!4d2.5129389!14m1!1BCgIgARICCAI

this is in the grounds - the John Monash Centre is at the back underground.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.