just a point perhaps I might be right on and if I am - then,...

1. 81,157 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75

just a point perhaps I might be right on and if I am - then, it's a valuable thing for getting the most out of any travel

if you look at the laws on traditional baguettes ---

would that influence your decision when you walk into a town you haven't been in before and you were in a street and there was a patisserie on your right and a patisserie on your left

given all else even -------- if one of them had 'traditional' baguettes for sale and the other didn't

which one would you buy your bread from??

to me - I would go for the one that sold 'traditional'

now, it's not a guarantee that you would have a better chance at a better experience - but, my guess is that there is a high chance of a better experience

it's sort of like going through Paris the other day and my observation that the food looked ordinary (again) and was way overpriced

now - my thoughts were - is it me again??

but, then - there was that article on the French who live out of Paris coming to visit Paris now to rediscover Paris because - us foreigners, the great unwashed - we aren't there now --

and, those French are giving the bird to the Parisian restaurants - they are saying - the food is overpriced and the food is shit

nice to know that one picked it right

little headsup stuff like the history of baguettes helps a lot - it goes to explain why you got this odd information from your baguette by just carrying it home - then, to find that the French consider that the baguette - 'sings to you'

once you know it ----------- you can never forget it

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.