Too tall?, page-387

1. 81,240 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    well, here we are either on the way to the top, at the top or on the way down ---
    Compagnie du Mont Blanc

I've been on cable cars before - but, I must have only been on the kiddy ones - my god - i didn't realise that they go up almost vertically - which stage 2 of this one comes close to at the end - I tried to shoot inside the car on the decent on take off - to give an idea of the angle that it goes down.
    Heaps of climbers etc on board - lots of different shots to show different things - climbing, walking, hang gliding or whatever they call it. -

Sort of puts to rest the debate about young people not getting out and just playing with their phones.
    I'm pretty fit - not a problem walking 30k and before the bike - 50 km without feeling it much - - but, boy ------ two flights of stairs had me puffing at the top - so, I had a cup of coffee and a can of oxygen - stayed maybe half an hour at the top - then came down a bit for another cuppa - didn't need oxygen on that level - it's the highest I've been - now I know what they talk about with the altitude thing. (just kidding about the oxygen - I did check the defib battery was green though in the car)

anyway - the pics tell the story really - some up. some down. some inside,

I'll put a couple of vids up per post and some pics perhaps - no particular order - most on the journey up are stage 2

next one is a bit rough - sorry about that - it's the ascent of stage 2

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.