well, here we are either on the way to the top, at the top or on...

1. 81,240 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    well, here we are either on the way to the top, at the top or on the way down ---
    Compagnie du Mont Blanc

I've been on cable cars before - but, I must have only been on the kiddy ones - my god - i didn't realise that they go up almost vertically - which stage 2 of this one comes close to at the end - I tried to shoot inside the car on the decent on take off - to give an idea of the angle that it goes down.
    Heaps of climbers etc on board - lots of different shots to show different things - climbing, walking, hang gliding or whatever they call it. -

Sort of puts to rest the debate about young people not getting out and just playing with their phones.
    I'm pretty fit - not a problem walking 30k and before the bike - 50 km without feeling it much - - but, boy ------ two flights of stairs had me puffing at the top - so, I had a cup of coffee and a can of oxygen - stayed maybe half an hour at the top - then came down a bit for another cuppa - didn't need oxygen on that level - it's the highest I've been - now I know what they talk about with the altitude thing. (just kidding about the oxygen - I did check the defib battery was green though in the car)

anyway - the pics tell the story really - some up. some down. some inside,

I'll put a couple of vids up per post and some pics perhaps - no particular order - most on the journey up are stage 2

next one is a bit rough - sorry about that - it's the ascent of stage 2

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.