hi dkit I haven't given the idea up for good ---------- the...

1. 81,699 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    hi dkit

I haven't given the idea up for good ---------- the reason why is because the first time I ever went into Melbourne - I went in with the intention of staying for a week

my girlfriend and I lasted only 3 hours - and we decided to leave - so, we stayed that night and moved out.

neither of us were city people.

Later - years later, I lived there for a year and met some fantastic people - I never grew to love the place - but, I did find some things that I valued a lot and learned my way about it a bit. I had a friend who really knew the place and showed me through a lot of sort of secret spots - it was fascinating - it wasn't my scene, but, was amazing to see and have a taste.

So, if I run into someone - and, my guess is it would have long legs and nice shoulders etc. who has a place in Paris - then, I've not got the door welded shut. I had an offer like that last year - but, Paris just didn't do it for me.

What I'm working on atm - (working on - meaning - mulling over quietly in lockdown - whilst I trial the new lines from one of the best patisseries I've seen ) - is combining a van with my canal boating - just thinking it all through - I'm thinking of a van - just a van - I don't mean a real camper - I want a van that looks like a van - that I can use for land transport - to carry my bike and will have on board, cooking, a bed, a toilet and a bit of water etc. -
    I don't need a lot (must have a heater - I have a full spare which I carry on the boat).

That way - I have a truck that can carry me about looking at properties, that will carry my bike, be a bed, yet - still have the boat - but, I can whizz over to Switzerland, Germany, perhaps NL, Sweden etc etc..

If I meet a Parisian bombshell along the way - well, that's ok. - but, Paris would be way down at the bottom of the list.

Anyway - I've just toughed it out trying a new Gateau - someone has to do these hard yards ------ had the nanna nap - now will head over and buy dinner.

These lockdowns are tough.

thanks for your post

Pinto

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.