I wouldn't give up on Paris too quickly Pints.Me and the missus...

1. 1,887 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    I wouldn't give up on Paris too quickly Pints.

Me and the missus have spent 6 Cristmasses in Paris now, a month each time. The last one being just before covid broke out and stopped all travel, at least out of AUs. We now know the city better than some of our local areas here in Melbourne. In fact it's only with 6 months of lockdown here that we now know all the back streets around our local suburb now.

We can 't wait to get back there again. And also western Canada where a daughter lives.

Regarding sites in Paris, we have our favorites but tend to stay with the locals rather than the tourist sites. So we've been around the Tour Eiffel several times but never bothered to go up. Sacre Coeur is interesting but you have to ignore the touts (walk over them) but much better to go round the back one of the oldest chapels left in Paris, lovely back streets away from the tourists and a vineyard! Plenty more across Paris but its taken us years of reading, walking and just looking to discover it all.

Where one city appeals to someone but not to others. You just have to find what suites you. For example there a few things I'd like to see in London again, but really I am not interested in the rest of London or England. Result we haven't been back in over 20 years. Doesn't mean its good or bad just doesn't appeal to us enough.

Keep well and keep traveling.
    regards
    dkit

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.