HIG 0.00% 10.5¢ highlands pacific limited

You have a good memory sekrub. I’ve been a loyal holder of HIG...

1. 277 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5
    You have a good memory sekrub. I’ve been a loyal holder of HIG for about 6 years, I've ridden a wave of highs and lows from an entry point of .3650 to the highs of .85 cents, and then the lows of <4 cents. Reflecting on HIG's recent performance, it’s hardly surprising. Back on the 21/12/2007 on Hotcopper I posted that “it's an absolute bargain at these prices. But it's a medium to long term hold, and clearly some investors are reluctant to hold for the short term and wait the 2 years it will take for HIG to realise its potential”. And that “We have to pin our hopes on them using their cash wisely and generating interest through an astute and value added acquisition or until one of their other interests Ramu or Freida gains momentum”.
    Well, HIG has been in the doghouse with investors pretty much since problems at the Kainantu project threatened to drag it down. And, now we are finally seeing investors realise HIG’s potential. In my view, as stated before, there are multiple reasons which all make for a compelling buying opportunity i.e.

- 28 million cash
    - free carried in 2 huge projects
    - promising drilling results
    - don't need to raise funds as this is the responsibility of the Chinese and xstrata
    - speculation about a future takeover of Freida
    - investors doing the sums on projected income from ramu
    - Production about to commence
    - overall improved market sentiment
    Etc

As has been discussed, whilst Ramu may be fully priced, the sky is the limit for Freida.
    Like all of us I have no idea what the share price will go to. But, what I am very confident of is that it will be > $1 in the near future, so I’ll still be an investor until that time. When that is - ?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HIG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.