CTP 7.27% 5.1¢ central petroleum limited

top 20 shareholders , page-30

1. 8,112 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 73
    Resourcebull,

Many thanks for alerting us to the CFD situation.

The ASX web page says

What are CFDs?

"Contracts for difference (CFDs) are leveraged instruments that enable you to gain exposure to shares, indices, commodities and currencies".

Traders can take positions on both rising and falling markets."

The important part here is that "Traders can take positions on falling markets.

Similar to a Futures contract, except in this case it the share (contract) that you are selling first, and then buying the share (contract)back at a lower price.

I fully agree with you comment that it is very, very easy to promote fear in the market,especially in todays World climate.

As Paul Keating once said, "In the horse race of life , you can always put your money on self interest"

CFD's clearly explain why it is that several (specific) downrampers always appear and spread doom and gloom, another high profile one is on the CTP web page by the name of "Gropper".

His vitriolic and unending downramps are so prolific as to lead any reasonable person to believe that he and another well known poster on Hot Copper, can only be trading in CFD. and trying to deliberatly scare memebers into selling .

Looking back over that persons posts and the comments regarding teh finances of CTP and how long befre it goes into liquidation etc. clearly demonstrate that this poster has a deliberate agenda.

In my opinion, it is important for HC posters to know when this person posts that the agend is possibly linked to a CFD and that person will only make money when the SP goes down.

In my opinion, HC should stop such persons from posting, it is so easy to create fear and the attendant losses to finance, that some people may well be seriously damaged by the false assertions of these people.

Keep up the work

CB

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CTP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.1¢
Change
-0.004(7.27%)
Mkt cap ! $37.74M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.2¢ 5.2¢ 5.1¢ $9.557K 184.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 37777 5.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.5¢ 16663 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CTP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.