I'm an Australian living in Canada. Living here makes me so...

1. 670 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 186
    I'm an Australian living in Canada. Living here makes me so ashamed of the quality of politicians Australia has. It's disgusting. How is that Australian politicians are all the same? Old, white, ugly men who can't do their jobs? It's like Australia is infected with incompetence, we're seriously lucky we haven't become a third world country (yet, maybe one day).

In Canada we have the handsomest PM in the world who works with the Opposition (an ethnic Indian guy) to introduce universal dental care. That's right, we're going to get free dental care in this country, and soon $10/day child care. Meanwhile, what's Australia up to? More tax breaks, more environmentally destructive policies, and Jesus Christ super for housing? Are you KIDDING me?

Our Deputy PM speaks English, French, Russian and Ukrainian, and she has been the one leading the world with budget-biting sanctions against Australia. Meanwhile, wtf did Joyce do? He went straight to the pub when the war was on. What a guy.

Our Foreign Affairs Minister is a smoking bombshell, and we have/had an East Indian Procurement Minister and a woman war-general who managed to get third doses of COVID vaccines to all Canadians while Greg Hunt was too busy punting on SportsBet.com and forgot to attend meetings with Pfizer. WHAT IS GOING ON?

The only politician who was ever decent and forward thinking in Australia was Paul Keating (superannuation), John Howard (guns) and to be honest Tony Abbott. Abbott wasn't the greatest PM, but he knew how to operate and at least win for his party, even if he was an awful representative for the country itself.

Good grief please keep me Canada.
    Last edited by SaltyInvestor: 23/05/22

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.