AZS 0.00% $3.69 azure minerals limited

Top prize for Azure Minerals

1. 1,725 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 536
    Azure Minerals Limited (ASX: AZS) (Azure or the Company) is pleased to advise that Managing Director, Mr Tony Rovira, has been awarded the prestigious 2018 Ostotakani Award for outstanding exploration success and his contribution to the mining industry in Mexico. The award is made annually on behalf of the Mexican Mining Industry by Mundo Minero at the International Drilling and Mineral Exploration Seminar in Hermosillo, Sonora. Mr Peter Ingram, Chairman of Azure, congratulated Mr Rovira and said the award was well deserved. “Tony has founded a first-class team of technical and administrative personnel in Mexico, almost all of whom are locals. He and the team have established a significant track-record of exploration success in Mexico, with discoveries at Promontorio and Alacrán and the acquisition of two important projects currently being worked upon - Oposura and Sara Alicia.” Mr Rovira is credited with steering Azure’s exploration push into Mexico, which led to his team discovering two mineral deposits hosting 32 million ounces of silver and 150,000oz of gold at the Alacrán Project, and identifying and acquiring the spectacular high-grade gold and cobalt Sara Alicia Project which has delivered some of the highest-grade cobalt drill intersections reported anywhere in the world in 2017. Azure is also currently progressing the Oposura Project, an advanced stage, high grade, zinc-lead-silver project, for which a maiden mineral resource and scoping study will be delivered in 2018. Mr Rovira said the award was recognition of the entire Azure team. “We have an amazing team of geologists and support staff in Mexico. This award is a reflection of their hard work and technical excellence which, over several years, has delivered many significant exploration successes. I take this opportunity to thank them all for their efforts and achievements and I’m looking forward to more successes in the coming years,” he said.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AZS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.