Top spies weren't told Morrison was home affairs minister, page-53

1. 81,357 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    I agree that technically a Royal Commission would be effective at the investigation.

The problem is with any investigation - that it's going to be seen as a political witchhunt

America is bad enough where they have a 'supposed' resonable distance between President, government and DOJ/FBI --- at least in theory.

In Oz - a Royal commission in this area can only be called by the government of the day - now if that's not a Liberal government - then, it's going to be odds on a political crap fight.

I can't really see that happening - at this stage. If more evidence comes to light - well, maybe.

An investigation by one of Oz's national security services would also technically cover it and possibly be a better fit - ?? maybe -- of course - it's still going to be seen as political.

Perhaps some sort of independent inquiry - a bipartisan investigation?? if possible.

to be honest - I've not seen anything like this - and, I do very clearly see security risks - that's crystal and it's crystal that it's got to be investigated IMO - very thoroughly - but, I'm up in the air how it should be done

maybe you're right - maybe Albanese should just bite the bullet on this one and go for it - there might be enough worry on the Liberal supporters or ex supporters sides - and, the peanut gallery can just go and scream from whatever rooftop they find.

Has anyone come up with any precedent at all in the Commonwealth?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.