PDN 0.48% $12.48 paladin energy ltd

top-ten-stocks-for-a-uranium-price-rebound-dav

1. 215 Posts.
    The posts for PDN have been very negative and quite worrying when one is a holder of stock.

My research tells me this stock is over sold and the debt structure has improved by a couple of percent- it has at lease bought time up to mid 2014 for prices to improve.

I found the following on the net, not sure if this has already been posted:

http://www.u3o8.biz/s/MarketCommentary.asp?ReportID=596526&_Type=Market-Commentary&_Title=Top-Ten-Stocks-for-a-Uranium-Price-Rebound-David-Talbot

August 08, 2013
    Top Ten Stocks for a Uranium Price Rebound: David Talbot
    Publisher: U3O8.biz
    Author: thegoldreport
    He goes on to add:
    DT: We like Paladin Energy Ltd. (PDN:TSX; PDN:ASX) and rate it as a buy with a $2.40 target price. Paladin has really delivered this year. Production and sales targets were met with realized prices 13% above spot. Cost-cutting targets at both operations exceeded expectations. Operations achieved capacity. Debt was trimmed. Production guidance was increased for next year and we believe a potential game-changing strategic initiative lies waiting in the wings. Paladin has huge leverage to rising uranium prices with costs that are coming down rapidly. We do expect a strategic partnership to be announced likely later this quarter. We believe that Paladin might be willing to sell about 20% of its Langer Heinrich mine in Namibia. Our NAV valuation suggests perhaps a $200--300M price tag for that. The company has a disciplined expansion approach here. We think right now is the time for investors to take advantage of the turnaround in Paladin. The stock still trades at a discount to its peers. With this strategic alliance, we do expect a rerating in the stock as debt levels fall further."

I thought this was interesting in light of my research on PDN debt structure.
    Actually I think the company made the right decision in the best interests of the company, and that means in the best interests of shareholders too, including retail shareholders.

Will be interesting to see what happens to the share price over the next year....

Cheers
    PDG

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PDN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$12.48
Change
0.060(0.48%)
Mkt cap ! $3.724B
Open High Low Value Volume
$12.45 $12.76 $12.26 $26.57M 2.124M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 6286 $12.47

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$12.48 5038 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PDN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.