BCN 2.27% 2.3¢ beacon minerals limited

Oops posted too early... but yes the current quarterlies has a...

1. 4,708 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 197
    Oops posted too early... but yes the current quarterlies has a lower strip ratio than 1 for sure. so i am not sure how this PFS schedule has been reworked in light of the new conditions, fast track mining which seems to be due to the inpit tailings (again haven't read the PFS but was this an unplanned change in the operational plans post PFS?)

That said the high strip ratio at end of life is abit odd - at least to my understanding. presumably they must be shifting around a tonne of dirt covering some remaining ore on the sidelines, but i am used to seeing a high strip ratio initially and they shoudl be hitting mostly ore in later years.... apart from planning to remove alot more waste from surrounding areas which are "yet to be determined' as mineable resources? ANd hence while high in strip ratio then, may open up adjoining ore in yet to be cemented plans past 5 years? Either way in a typical pit the highest strip is generally in earlier years and reaping the rewards of ore in the latter.... perhaps someone can enlighten me in this case?

The cash cost they give is based off production ounces for the quarter. Not mined. So if you are going to account for and pro-rata remove mined stockpiles to work out the adjusted aisc (which contains the cash cost technically) then yes, you cannot just overlook and not allocate any processing costs to these 31,000 ounces, you would be adding a far lower cost in than required.

BCN came on the radar as a speculative pump on the usual social media. I usually red flag it but given I have more dealings in gold personally i figured i would take a look to see if any smaller players were not rerated to current gold prices (which is rare given how much of a run gold has had) . In part that is the AISC and as much as everyone projects this as to fall going forward, the market still looks at now. As the costs move towards the PFS AISC the market will be more reassured and willing to rerate. Of course therein lies your risk reward, if you front run the market and have faith AISC will trend downwards towards that target - by all means.

However, you are incorrect - I haven't tried to dissuade or persuade forum viewers of anything. I think as a holder you have the typical rosy glasses on and any questioning is seen as an attack or persuasion against your investment case. Wrong. Simply if your going to invest in anything - the best place to start is questioning all the potential 'what ifs' or red flags in your mind. It is far more logical to ask the questions and be debunked about your concerns, than trying to spruik the merits of the investment case. If anything people should always be probing all the negatives. And if they all get smashed out of the park after logical digging then you have a potential winner on your hands. Starting with the positives will just see you anchoring bias to why your investment case is the next biggest thing on Hot copper - which is what everyone in multiple small cap stocks say about their stocks. And I have seen my fair share of those that went nowhere or bombed out that emotion has no place. One good red flag are forums where any opposing view or question is 'negativity', and frankly if those in support of a stock have valid reasons then they can present those . No such thing as negativity, only an opinion that goes against yours.

I've also seen the same 'why are you here, move on' posts against other holders in stocks i hold, or have viewed (if you want a good case test the EN1 thread is full of so called negative posters). The point is it's a forum to discuss views. I couldn't care less about saving you from financial hardship. I ask the questions because if they can't be answered, then that tells me what I need to know about those holding the stock, and potentially where this stock sits. Happy to be debunked or proven wrong. However, a lack of raising valid counterpoints and waving off opposing views or questions as negative, and 'why are you here then' does not present any valid counter points.

And again, no i am not trying to talk you out of your shares. But knowing the shareholder base here on HC is also a valid thing as when things swing up and down it will be clear who will still be holding the ball no matter what comes out - and that in itself is a valid trading strategy/consideration for those wanting to make a $.

read your original comment and you are very right. The hotcopper forums these days are full of mums and dads who do view any questioning as negativity. It is quite unfortunate that as the stock market gets the interest of newbies with the recent crash that the makeup of forums changes. Everybody is an expert in speccies and easy cash, and frankly the quality of positive and negative views that used to be up on hotcopper and could 'co-exist' are squashed by angry holders who , for lack of a valid response, view any questioning as off the mark. Stock is always going to the moon, etc etc, i have heard it a million times over the years. As they say, if you don't like a 'negative' opposing view then post reasons why not. And if you can't - it's not me you need to prove it to, but yourself: after all what is your investment case if you can't explain it to another poster, let alone yourself?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BCN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.