CTP 2.04% 4.8¢ central petroleum limited

top up, page-23

1. 3,084 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5
    'Believe it or not, The ASX watches HC! i sent them an email asking them why they hit us with price queries, when its only natural for CTP to appreciate due to drilling imminent, and increasing interest in CTP. They said ,
    "There were a lot of postings on internet chat sites which suggested that there may be an announcement due out soon. Surveillance was concerned that if the postings true, then information may have leaked which may have caused the price rise" '

Thanks MrWallStreet,

Very interesting, I'm glad to know that. Looking at the volume of transactions leading up to the Speeding tickets, as well as the price fluctuations, it was hard to believe that CTP had managed to set off any automated warnings. I'm glad to know that wasn't just my imaginings, and they did do their due diligence to look for other events - such as discussions on forums such as this.

I believe it also answers, for me, the implicit question - why didn't we get a speeding ticket on Wednesday before the trading halt - because they were aware of the ASCI report, and knew that the spike was triggered by the release of that report at lunch time Wednesday.

- Karl

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CTP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.8¢
Change
-0.001(2.04%)
Mkt cap ! $35.52M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.9¢ 4.9¢ 4.8¢ $47.28K 967.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 517610 4.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.0¢ 150000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 13/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CTP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.