FML 7.41% 12.5¢ focus minerals ltd

top up, page-24

1. 1,601 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 383
    G?day again pinto & good afternoon to all.

You correctly picked how I got into my comfortable position; it was in the great secular bull run, I was employed on a very high salary (so could easily meet interest payments, outside of shares) & I was indeed a LONG TERM holder.
    I think it?s important to make sure those reading posts understand where the poster is coming from, as we are all at different stages of our investment cycles. I?ve seen the worst (nastiest) arguments on the boards, generally between a short term trader & a long term holder, who don?t realise they are talking at cross purposes. I know the sentiments are there, but not always used properly or understood.

Also agree on the crud tax system. But it is what we have, so may as well take advantage of it. I sure paid more than my fair share of tax over my paid working career.

& I absolutely agree on the toys ? (we do indeed deserve them), or whatever else it is you want to do/enjoy in your retirement. Why else did we slave away at the day job for 30-40+ years & ride the investment risk train, if not to ENJOY.
    We are off to Europe later this year & it is front of the bus. Also bought a brilliant beach house <100m from the Ocean with 180deg. views. Go to sleep at night with the sound of the waves. We spend half our time there. That is what retirement is all about.

I am looking for opportunities to ?do it again?, thus the 10% in shares, as mrs ned wants to build a new house where we are now (damn big toy!), bayside Melbourne. So I need to turn my shares investment $?s into 2-3+ times what it is now. FML is the one I see as best chance for that. If there?s a crash, it hurts, but not fatal to my retirement lifestyle.
    So that strategy does indeed still apply today. For me, FML also offers a reasonable protective layer, being a profitable gold producer, with increasing production profile. As I've said before, FML is the best risk/reward on the ASX today & the best one I've seen since OXR.

I am working on a couple of other potentials, but had a bug for a few days, so a bit behind on the research. Be another week or so.
    Cheers,
    Ned.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FML (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
12.5¢
Change
-0.010(7.41%)
Mkt cap ! $38.68M
Open High Low Value Volume
12.5¢ 12.5¢ 12.5¢ $7.143K 57.14K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 165050 12.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
13.5¢ 90000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.26am 30/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FML (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.