IMU 1.85% 5.3¢ imugene limited

Topping up, page-32

1. 3,284 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7282
    Dyeman, I’m not sure your comments about CGT are accurate. I thought the Capital Gain was given a 50% discount and the remaining 50% was added to your taxable income. Effectively taxing your gain at 23.5%…..

And yes I’m definitely orrect about taxing unrealised gains. It’s the first time anywhere in the world this is being done. Please go and read up on the subject. Most people do t realise this. Jim Chalmers hid that part way to the back of the press release. The reason for this is to destroy the SMSF system. It’s payback to their union bosses. A large union fund can pay this out of cash reserves. They then adjust your account .. But a small business operator or farmer would likely have to sell the farm or the business premises which was often the core part of their retirement strategy.

With regard to your one million shares in IMU held by your account, I would suggest you have a look at PME Pro-medicus. Which has gone from a few dollars to $62. There is a great discussion about Biotech Shareprices on the NEU thread. They have been discussing valuations for Biotechs once they have FDA approvals and subsequently getting cash flowing. The reason most of us are here at IMU, is the belief that if successful IMU will produce outsized returns for shareholders. I think it was mentioned that PME is trading at PE of 90.

So whilst you have taken on outsized risks with IMU earlier on, the risk has dropped substantially with many trials and many patients showing low toxicity and negligible side effects. And it appears growing evidence of efficacy.

If the next few updates that are due soon according to Ben, prove the efficacy of our technologies you will face the problem of passing the $3m Super Cap for being taxed on unrealised capital Gains. Just as I put in my earlier post. But that was working on $5 over the next 5 years. If IMU was to perform like PME and shoot us to $20 as example. The lost gains you will stiffer magnify significantly from my example. As the shareprice keeps rising and Jim Chalmers keeps scalping you, he ends up making far more money than you do. At $20 per share , it will only take 150,000 shares to hit the Super cap. That’s if you have 150,000 shares left after another 5 tax events. If you had 500,000 shares left as in my earlier example nd the next yer IMU lurched to $10, that would give you another capital gain of $2m. , so you’ll need to sell 60,000 shares at $10 leaving you with 440,000. Whilst the person who held them in. Private name would hold $10,000,000 worth of shares. You would be down to $4,400,00. At that point the other person could cash out paying $2,350,000 tax. The Private holder would be $3.3M better off than you. All of this from investing $130,000 in the wrong entity.

The really dirty part of this tac is that it’s is retrospective. In regards to the fact you bought those shares in good faith following the Governments rules at the time. You are now being penalised for millions of dollars.

And those figure could get a lot worse if IMU ever gets a PE of 90. Keytruda sells US$20M per annum, if we teamed up with them and got a 20% royalty that would be $6bn Aussie dollars with a PE of 90, that’s about $8 per share. That’s another whole discussion. But the numbers that can happen with successful Biotechs can be staggering.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IMU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.3¢
Change
-0.001(1.85%)
Mkt cap ! $394.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.3¢ 5.5¢ 5.2¢ $1.975M 36.88M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
20 4400559 5.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.4¢ 1340583 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
IMU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.