IMU 0.00% 5.1¢ imugene limited

I have an SMSF. There is currently no "unrealised gains" tax. A...

1. 958 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1207
    I have an SMSF. There is currently no "unrealised gains" tax. A super fund is taxed on earnings only including the net of realised gains and losses in the tax year. What they have proposed is an entirely new and unheard of way of dealing with capital gains.

This proposed tax structure is a major looming issue for my SMSF which has a couple of PE / VC style investments which look like they are about to hit their straps (just in time for this new tax). I could be forced to try and find a buyer for unlisted equity holdings to pay a tax on capital gains - so becoming a forced seller whereas I am wanting to hold these investments long term and chose the opportune time to sell.

I suspect there is a lot of water to flow under this bridge and am hoping that the independents vote this one down or force the governments hand to maintain the status quo of not taxing capital gains until realised.

Similarly with IMU in my SMSF - want to hold it for the long term and not become a forced seller!!
    Last edited by jdpc35: 10/03/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IMU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.1¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $373.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.1¢ 5.2¢ 4.9¢ $1.384M 27.31M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 1302118 5.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.2¢ 528865 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
IMU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.