ORP 2.00% 5.1¢ orpheus uranium limited

Just starting this thread to monitor THE START OF DRILLING news...

1. 12,191 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1302
    Just starting this thread to monitor THE START OF DRILLING news ... a lot of words used in the past - this quarter, next quarter, this week, any day now yada yada yada...

my experience for the last couple of decades working on junior explorers tell me that the START OF DRILLING at what could be a COMPANY MAKING project is naturally a very significant day... and as such, a PRICE SENSITIVE event too... so, these companies ALMOST ALWAYS provide a bit of a news flow via ASX announcements 2-3 weeks before the actual drill start announcement...

for starters, a DATE HAS TO BE FINALISED WHEN THE BIT HITS THE GROUND - that "ground breaking date" is first announced OFFICIALLY... this is now not announced as "imminent" or "this quarter" or something BUT more like "a narrow range" as in "SECOND WEEK OF DECEMBER" - something like that...

the time gap between the announcement and drill rigs/manpower actually hitting the ground is anything from 2 to 3 weeks... sometime even more...

AND THEN the day finally comes when they hit the ground and we have a small announcement saying - DRILLING COMMENCED OVER THE WEEKEND or something like that...

(for small drill campaigns this may not be true, but for major anticipated news, this has been my experience so far - especially in "nearology" plays like the ones we saw in the Fraser Range where everyone was looking for SIR v2.0 in 2015 or so, remember those junior explorers' drilling start announcements??? anyone???)

I think that we are not seeing this regular behaviour so far from both AIS + ARE for such a significant event... so either they want to keep this on the down low and just surprise us all with an announcement one day stating "BTW, the drill bit hit the ground last weekend and we are now 100m deep in Hole #1" or so...

OR more importantly, we will see this all pre-announcement at some stage in the near future...which makes me think that the ACTUAL DRILLING is then 2-3 weeks away from that announcement... I have been waiting for this announcement from September and posting here and so far have seen it roll out as expected - no dates fixed YET...

SO if we do not get the surprise news of "DRILLING STARTED YESTERDAY" soon, we are probably looking at the 2nd or 3rd week of December now for actual drilling to start... which is just days away from Christmas... I know these drilling guys are pretty tough lads and accustomed to FIFO all the time - but a few days before Christmas or a few days after? If After, we start drilling right in the first week of January in that case...

Sorry for the long post, just trying to get my head around this drilling like every one of you that have held for a very long time... one or three weeks here or there is not going to matter to us... just wanted to start a discussion on this to see how any other experienced investor sees this...

let's see if this post gets null and voided on Monday with a START OF DRILLING news or we continue debating on this thread for the next few weeks AFTER the company announces any dates first like I think they will and should...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ORP (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.