IBX 35.0% 5.4¢ imagion biosystems limited

Total Confusion, page-20

1. 198 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 164
    A lot of good points made here by many posters.

The capital markets are vast and easy to access, the only catch is, at what price? Truth is, they will have no problems remaining solvent.

IP protection and the current directional change of IBX?
    With MR and leveraging the existing -in place- infrastructure of installed devices, trained staff and obvious untapped potential of utilizing this path, the IP protection is lacking. Management spoke of ongoing research by the IP team to address this issue by patenting the process around the administering of the dose of NP's. Hopefully they'll find some protection here. The MRX device was the key to solid IP protection, hence the desire to develop it further in parallel with the new direction forward. IMO, too many MR tests per lifetime to ones self is not a good idea, but when faced with cancer, one hasn't many good choices. A safer approach was and still is the MRX. I'm still hopeful they'll find the interest they spoke of in the webinar, in the form of one of several, current small device manufacturers out there, time will tell. The logical choice would be the small, hand held designs for the doctors office. They see current development in the sensors that would make this a reality and would not require cryogenic cooling, vastly simplifying the design and reducing the footprint and subsequent costs.I believe they can achieve this goal, technically. I'd still like to see this effort once and if they're successful commercializing the hand held MRX scanners, being followed up by the full sized MRX scanner in the future, once they've established themselves in the imaging space.

While there is, and has been much talk of promising treatments for cancer ( thankfully ), there will always be a need to detect cancer ( and other disease ) early hopefully ( a path IBX hints of from time to time, that's a whole topic in it's self ) and means of detection during & after treatment. I believe this current direction, Magsense NP's / MR, will find ample utility along this premises. Profit margins are excellent and sufficient to spread around. Those that wish to ride their coat tails and slice into their market will likely need to follow the same long path to market. As IBX found, their unique NP's required stringent toxicology, animal models, and finally human testing to gain clearance, this will buy them time, to hopefully maintain a sufficient lead. One would imagine that others would need to prove the same with their own unique NP's, wouldn't they?

Management found themselves in a unique position to follow the least path of resistance to the black. Compromises arise with this decision, but ones that in my opinion, and obviously those of the BOD, can be dealt with. As always, time will tell.

Best of luck to all IBX investors!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IBX (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.