GDN 0.00% 1.7¢ golden state resources limited

I agree that the small parcels are nothing sneaky, and no...

1. 326 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 363
    I agree that the small parcels are nothing sneaky, and no significance should be given to them by holders of GDN.. It is not some conspiracy, or big player trying to slowly build a position, or exit.

It is actually very common to see small parcels (often identical quantities ie 1263, 1263, 1263) going through market. In other stocks it is normally automated trading by fund managers dealing with the day to day redemptions or purchases of units in their fund..(primarily redemptions in this type of market) for example Bob and Mavis put $7,000 into the XYZ share fund... XYZ must then go buy a small number of each stock that is a component of their total portfolio.. (this is done on pro rata basis, so if BHP makes up 10% of the portfolio, 10% of Bob and Mavis's $7000 will be used to purchase BHP shares and so on).. I am surprised however to see so much of this trading in GDN... not exactly a core component of too many indexes, possibly some small boutique funds that got allocated stock in previous placements (ie: Cranport Hedge Fund at 53.5 cents in May 2007).

Also ASX rules dictate that to cross stock (same broker buy and sell to themselves) the share price bid ask spread must be one price step apart. When you see 1 single share traded, it is usually because a broker has tried to setup a crossing market using 1 share (to ensure the one price step bid ask spread) and another participant has hit the single share order in the interim.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GDN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.