tou4 & miles - indonesia playing up

1. 1,481 Posts.
    I recall our discussions on how the system (democracy..hahahahahahahahahahahaha) over there works and how you compared it to ours

HAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHA

So....do ya imagine we would let this vermin out and having coffee???

Check on Bali bomber coffee
    September 2, 2004

THE Australian Government is checking reports that one of the Bali bombers was let out of prison to have coffee with an Indonesian government official in a Jakarta mall.

Ali Imron was reportedly seen having coffee at Starbucks with the director of Indonesian narcotics and drugs, Brigadier General Gorries Mere.

Foreign Minister Alexander Downer said today he had read the report and checked with his department to find out what was behind it.

"I don't know that he's out and about ... he's certainly not been released and we don't want him to be released. We have checked, we have made absolutely sure that he's not going to be released.

Asked if there was a possibility Imron could escape while outside jail, Mr Downer said: "Apparently not, so the Indonesians say."

The Government had been assured by Indonesia that Imron would not be released from prison, where he is serving life imprisonment for his part in the October 2002 terror attacks in Bali which claimed more than 200 lives, including 88 Australians.

The report said that when Imron and Mr Gorries were challenged by journalists, they and a number of black-clad armed police guards fled to a waiting car and sped off, Detik.com news said.

"I walk often with Pak (Mr) Gorries," Imron said in response to questions.

Brig Gen Gorries was one of the main investigators of the Bali bombings before he was transferred to narcotics at national police headquarters in Jakarta.

The pair were spotted shortly after 7pm (2200 AEST) yesterday at a Starbucks store on the second floor of the newly opened Entertainment X'Nter and movie complex beside the swank Plaza Indonesia shopping centre and had coffee together for almost three hours.

The head of Kerobokan Prison in Bali, where Imron was jailed, confirmed he had been temporarily transferred to Jakarta to help in a police investigation.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.