VAN 0.00% 4.7¢ vango mining limited

touched $1.10 in 2006 on sample copperflats, page-29

1. 95 Posts.
    Hello DDzx,

The geology, structure and metamorphism at Copper Flats project closely parallels the geology of the Michigan Copper belt. The Michigan Copper Belt produced in excess of 9 million tonnes of copper metal over approximately 160 years.

The so called drilling program by the previous management was in my view insufficient to even rate as a drilling program (they did a couple of very shallow random holes without even attempting to understand the geology) and therefore no conclusions can be drawn from any results obtained by that program.

My main point is that the lack of drilling to-date does not change the prospectiveness of this project. It is my opinion that the geology needs to be carefully understood from known information (including a magnetic and radionmetric survey) and then a targeted and extensive drilling program needs to be undertaken.

It may be that a comparable sized deposit to the Michigan Copper belt is found or alternatively it may be that there is nothing other than super concentrated surface copper present within the project site which is insignificant and not worth mining (or results somewhere in between these two extremes may be found, which is not a bad result for Ord). In any case, given the prospectiveness of this project, the drilling of this project will generate significant interest and anticipation regardless of the results.

If drilling is to be undertaken, however, it needs to be a proper program, with proper funding, which would be best acheived by a JV with a big player.

Just my opinion.

Jim

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VAN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.