XJO 0.37% 8,041.7 s&p/asx 200

I actually joined the club a couple of months ago Pilatus . No...

1. 16,819 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 356
    I actually joined the club a couple of months ago Pilatus . No good banging your head against a brick wall when there's easy money to be made in something that's going up and money to be lost in things that kept getting sold off. Plus you can cut the former position easily at any time with limited downside

To my friend Marti there ,well I'm always nervous ,yes something's brewing ,yes it could be bad ,you've been saying the same thing for a few years now ,there's absolutely no downside risk in saying that because sooner or later it's going to happen and everyone who said it is a hero.

The question is do you have the guts to make any money out of it. I would humbly suggest that if that is what you really think then running around ramping spec stocks wouldn't be the way to go ,but I guess there's always someone doing it ,hoping they might get it right occasionally.

Personally I work on logic ,common sense and risk management . If the markets really keel over I'm going to be deliriously happy because that spells opportunity . Right now I think people are well advised to play the big ones and keep their powder dry until if and when the opportunity comes up .

It sort of smells like the markets have had enough for the time being because the pockets of potential joy are getting narrower and narrower . It changes as we all know ,just a matter of being patient and prudent. It's going to take something special to knock over the US market ,not saying it can't happen of course , but they're locked in to it going up over there ,there's a lot of political capital invested in it staying strong . A huge selloff could be the mother of all opportunities

But look ,I only work on logic ,common sense and risk .

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.