PEK 0.00% 20.0¢ peak rare earths limited

tough going, page-48

1. 11,400 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 565
    To all,

Please dont hate me for having a different opinion but I'll state it anyway as this is one of the stocks I research and watch closely as my exposure to rare earths is limited.

Peak only just having done a JORC resource, they have no feasability or defined study as to how to process the minerals, after that, they need to find a location for the site, hire an EPCM (going through tendering process etc), actually start and finish construction and then commissioning before any product can even be made.

I think this is the significant risk being put onto the market prices of this stock and thus why it is not living up to your FA research.

Also, as much as rare earth is an emerging market in terms of demand, there is also a lot of bad press about all rare earth processing currently and even some not built (Lynas).

Furthermore, there is the risk that being one of the later players (LYC, Molycorp and Rare Metals Co. are all coming online this or next year) there is risk that over-demand could turn into over-supply as outside china availability almost doubles with these 3 alone (150k tonnes total Rare earths currently, Lyc 22k tonne, molycorp quoting 22-30k tonne and Rare Metals Co. is "quoting" 40k tonne) meaning the demand has to catch up with this supply.

Not saying it wont and this stock wont be hugely valuable because of its large deposit, ease of benefication and other positives mentioned, just dont forget about key risks either.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PEK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
20.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $53.28M
Open High Low Value Volume
20.0¢ 20.0¢ 19.5¢ $25.31K 126.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 5384 20.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
21.5¢ 14748 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.04pm 13/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PEK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.