IMM 3.17% 30.5¢ immutep limited

tough times ahead for dndn, page-5

1. 46,202 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    Dendreon does have J&J as a competitor of sorts in the prostate cancer field, but Prima Biomed at this point is leading the pack on ovarian cancer without a clear competitor in sight. The Zytga product for prostate cancer had been under development for many years and was bought from Cougar bio-tech by Johnston&Johnson for $900mill US in 1999 long before FDA approval , which was granted this year.

From my basic research I understand that Zytiga and Provenge are usually administered at different stages of prostate cancer treatment so therefore there is room for both options dependent on individual patients requirements. Some patients may opt to have one or the other or both or none dependent on their circumstances.

From what I have read Dendreons problem is not so much the competition but getting its act together in terms of the arrangements with oncologists. This issue is probably helping Zytiga get more acceptances.

In any event imo the above has little to do with Prima Biomed and ovarian cancer. In fact the thing that raised my eyebrows most about Zytiga is that Johnston & Johnston were willing to pay US$900mill even before FDA approval for the product. Now to me that does have ramifications for Prima Biomed as it alerts me to the potential value the big pharmas may see in Cvac in treating ovarian and other mucin-1 cancers, particularly as there does not appear to be any competitors in sight as alluded by boiler in an earlier post.

IMO it is very likely big pharmas are tracking whats happening with PRR and if the phase 2b results are successful who knows what might happen?

Anyway they are just my views as an ordinary shareholder and I may be miles off the mark. DYOR.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IMM (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.