ATV 0.00% 6.9¢ activeport group ltd

touquoy feasability open pit very profitable

1. 1,774 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 731
    Excellent announcement confirming open pit mining at Touquoy is very profitable and costs are only $600 compared with a gold price of $1700 which leaves a very healthy profit margin.

http://www.atlanticgold.com.au/pdf/announcements/2012/120223_ATV_Touquoy_DFS_update.pdf

This market has no appreciation for the difference between underground mining of thin veins of gold which is very expensive and not necessarily profitable and open pit mining of gold at 2gms per tonne or thereabouts which with a low strip ratio can be very profitable as shown by the Touquoy Feasability study.

there are many australian gold stock dogs that are doing underground mining and can't turn a profit even at todays high gold prices because underground mining is extremely expensive and not a simple mining exercise.

Open pit mining is as simple as it gets for mining and if you know what you are doing extremely profitable as well.

Atlantic Gold are proven successes when it comes to open pit mining and they are being tarred with the same brush as all these marginal underground mining operations that are struggling to make any money at todays gold prices.

There is no love for the Junior stocks currently and little gems like ATV are basically unknown by the investing public who have no idea about the difference between an open pit gold mine and an underground gold mine in terms of potential profitability.

Considering how much money has been invested in high grade underground gold mines that can't operate at a profit because of the costs of underground mining perhaps it is time for investors to wake up and smell the coffee and realise that profitabilty of a mining operation is what really matters.

ATV is extremely undervalued and undiscovered by the market and should be on the radar of any serious investor but alas ATV have done a terrible job of promoting themselves hence the ridiculously low share price.

There are investors watching this stock but they are all hoping to be able to pick up stock at these low levels in a capital raising so they are not bidding up the share price today despite an excellent announcement.

There is currently no competition for this stock because the market is completely unaware of its potential.

It will not take much for this stock to move but in the current environment investors are too scared to invest and it will require fresh investors who are currently unaware of its potential to get this stock moving.

Wally is starting to open his eyes a little and the coming presentations in the USA are a pointer to this.

All it will take is for a few new investors to take a keen interest and this stock could start to fly.
    There is currently a large seller who has been selling for quite some time and this will allow prospective investors to pick up some reasonable volume whilst the big seller remains in sell mode but as soon as he finishes selling the brakes will be released.

The pattern of selling is not logical but strongly indicates tax loss selling from a big shareholder and he has been selling for a long time and it is difficult to know how much stock they have left but probably not a lot left to go in my opinion.

Atlantic Gold is very close to bringing Touquoy into production and it promises to be a very profitable open pit mine which will springboard extensive exploration in the under explored Meguma Terrane and should be on the radar of every serious gold investor.

I particularly like the fact they are in Nova Scotia Canada and therefore wont be affected by the Australian Governments resource taxes and future taxes which are likely to be implemented on Australian based gold producers in the years ahead.

DYOR

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ATV (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
6.9¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $21.93M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 384 6.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
6.9¢ 86507 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 30/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ATV (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.