TPM 0.00% $8.93 tpg telecom limited

Complaints skyrocket at iinet. This is a real ongoing issue for...

1. 1,697 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 12
    Complaints skyrocket at iinet. This is a real ongoing issue for TPM. Will not effect the business short term but long term I think people like me who are so damn angry at the company will always remember. I have had a mobile phone for 20 years, never had the problems in this time I have had with TPG. You would think with technology advancing these problems where well in the past.

Once I leave TPG and iinet I will 'NEVER' go back. Its not so easy to leave but in time I will.

http://www.itnews.com.au/news/iinet-complaints-skyrocket-after-tpg-takeover-441491

A couple of replies;

The ACCC's approval conditions for TPG's 2015 takeover bid for Iinet included a constructive obligation to maintain iiNet's excellent standard of customer service. This has clearly been jettisoned by TPG now that they have counted the cost of customer advocacy. This is really only the beginning, and TPG will continue to leech Iinet's core principles for every possible Phillipine peso until their great reputation has all but disappeared. What was the value then of the ACCC's impositions if unenforceable? Obviously only a political gesture at the time to justify their decision.

Shane King2 months ago
    As a IT Pro with his own business I was one of those complainants. I had had enough of the substandard support for business customers, the poor contention, the daily disconnections, the congested ISP network and being feed rubbish when reporting issues. I had been a customer since 1993 and switched. I posted comments on Product Review and was contacted by one of the exec team, where we agreed I would put the issues I had in writing for comment. The responses were predictable, but the avoidance of the key problems was probably the most telling about iiNet. In the end he confessed iiNet had no plan to address the bigger issues.
    So for the same $/Month I went from 50Gig to 600, less contention, no disconnections, 24 hour support and genuine level 2 support. May the last customer to leave iiNet remember to please turn out the lights

Justin Warner2 months ago
    As someone who manages technology for an independant school, I know enough to know when the issue is not my modem. When you can't maintain a single Netflix stream on a Saturday night, but can operate at our near theoretical maximum as reported by the modem at 1am on a Wednesday, the problem is contention - plain and simple. The network is oversubscribed. We're in a location where speeds are pretty low due to poor line quality, but up until shortly after the acquisition we'd have Netflix on in a couple of rooms in the house, and I could still do basic stuff like surf the net and check Facebook. Now - not a chance in hell. If we can watch Netflix at lowest quality without regular pauses for buffering on an average evening, we're doing well. As implied, tech support tells me that because my ADSL connection is syncing at a reasonable speed that the issue must be my modem. Aside from obvious absense of any knowlege of what "contention" is there; every iiNet customer I know has reported *exactly* the same drop in performance. Are all their modems faulty?
    I left TPG due to poor service and a poor network. Years later I'm forced back to them, and nothing has changed. Time to look for a new provider.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TPM (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.