TPW 1.53% $9.00 temple & webster group ltd

Dupont analysis may explain that there are increased expenses...

1. 5 Posts.
    Dupont analysis may explain that there are increased expenses (out of proportion with increased sales) that were required to support growth. The increase in depreciation to 139% that is referenced in Timtam Tom's post supports this prospect. However, it is my opinion that these expenses are short lived as the company is taking things to the next level in these stats that will have positive flow-on effects in future reporting. In any case a 4.5% profit margin works for me given TPW is working to increase its market share against more established competition.

With regards to the share price, I believe the market is hammering the CEO and his co-founder for dumping their stock in the last few months. I understand that they probably did this just to cash in after five or more years of doing the right thing and note that they are currently being remunerated less than their peers. Perhaps however it was poor judgement to dump so much at once. You can bet they will be more careful in future and also their diminishing share of ownership will ensure this has less impact in future.

Nonetheless the fundamentals rock and this breather in their share price will only make it look stronger for the technical analysts among us.

I hope these views are of interest.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TPW (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$9.00
Change
-0.140(1.53%)
Mkt cap ! $1.068B
Open High Low Value Volume
$9.04 $9.22 $8.84 $2.510M 279.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 284 $8.97

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$9.04 6243 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 15/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TPW (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.