KSS 0.00% 10.0¢ kleos space s.a

With respect to the following"Post quarter, the KSM1 cluster of...

1. 1,181 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 167
    With respect to the following
    "Post quarter, the KSM1 cluster of satellites:• Are transitioning from GomSpace commissioning, test, and calibration to their operational state with Kleos Mission Operations Team.• Formation in transition from that used for systems commissioning to the operational formation (note; the formation of the satellites is not static; they are in constant motion in relation to each other)o KSM1-b and KSM1-c are in station keeping/operational position, with KSM1-a and KSM-d in a parking orbit (an orbit where time must pass to reach the desired final position)Kleos Space S.A.- 26, rue des Gaulois - L-1618 Luxembourg - ARBN 625 668 733 / RCS B215591 5o The formation deployment is highly complex – with the 4 satellite across and along track positioning designed to optimise the independence of approach vector from target location at the areas of highest commercial interest. The cluster enables up to 6 antenna pairs to be used in Kleos proprietary multilateration algorithms – to positively influence dilution of precision and data accuracy."

I have been watching the satellites over the past few days, as a review of the Hawkeye & Unseenlab sats seemed necessary in light of the comments.
    The competitors satellites fly in fixed triangular formations, hence the apogee & perigee values are identical, indicating that they are all on the same orbit, albeit in different positions.
    With KSM1 - "(note; the formation of the satellites is not static; they are in constant motion in relation to each other)"
    If we look at the apogee & perigee for the 4 sats you will see they are all slightly different.
    D apogee 577.5 perigee 569.2
    C 576.1 565.6
    A 570.8 566.7
    B 577.7 564.1
    These figures seem not to be changing, suggesting their orbits are now set and each sat seems to be stable in their own orbit. Combined with the 37' inclination, this makes for an unbelievably complex scenario. If you watch the orbits you will see them track over the Straight of Hormuz on one orbit then over Madagascar on another. This seems to relate to tilt of the earth on its axis, changing the perspective presented to the sats as they orbit at a faster rate.
    Meanwhile the sats are changing position relative to each other during each orbit. Then that pattern is repeated over and over again. Consequently, if the apogee & pergiee are different for each sat & they all have to stay in a repeatable fluid formation, it goes that both the height and the velocity of the sats must be not only different, but constantly changing.
    What does this mean? Well I don't know for sure, but I think this article (I unsuccessfully posted before) makes the point.
    https://*********.com.au/kleos-space-begin-generating-revenue-imminently-world-first-four-satellite-cluster/

"In what Kleos describes as a “world first” it launched its Kleos Scouting Mission (KSM1) satellite cluster late last year.It is the world’s first four satellite cluster flown in a formation targeting a precision geolocation capability."

This has never been done before for a good reason. It is very very difficult. So don't be fooled by the delays, this is unchartered territory and the company that can nail the process and pull it off will be miles ahead of anyone else. My hat is off to the Kleos team for having a crack at something never done before and for all but bringing it all together. As previously posted, I have a 5 year horizon when I expect to be an 8 figure guy (well 7 actually as my wife will have half).
    DYOR of course as this is AIMO

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KSS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.