LNG 0.00% 4.3¢ liquefied natural gas limited

Trade war delaying our BTA's, page-30

1. 5,783 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3669
    Its amazing how some stocks seem to have little or no luck when it comes to timing. LNG is one of those unfortunately.
    Many years ago LNG was on the cusp of doing great things with Arrow Energy by becoming partners, until Arrow Energy was taken over in the eleventh hour ending any hope of this arrangement from happening.
    We were on the verge of signing BTA's having raised hundreds of millions of dollars at 4.35 per share, only then to see the oil price trashed down from 100 dollars to 30 dollars .
    We are now seeing oil prices at their highest level for many years, and now Trump has decided to wage in with this trade war fiasco and has basically put the breaks on companies wishing to commit to long term BTA contracts.
    It is quite extroadinary how one company can be on the verge of achieving great success only to see it ripped away by circumstances that are beyond it's control.
    It has now provided the ready made excuse needed by Greg and his team for further delays.
    I have little doubt the LNG share price would be getting closer to the 70c mark today on the expectation that BTA's were only weeks away from being announced had it not been for the uncertainty that this tariff talk has now created.
    Loyal shareholders have been well and truely put through the ringer on more then one occasion through events that have come out of left field.
    It would be nice if a little luck swung our way.
    But on past evidence I would suggest not holding your breath.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LNG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.