thanks smbi, I wonder how many categories there are. I'm a...

1. 3,537 Posts.
    thanks smbi,

I wonder how many categories there are. I'm a "Spontaneous Trader" and the description seems to fit quite well. I won't post the analysis here, unless someone asks for it.

A famous trader example is Jesse Livermore

"Jesse Livermore is considered by many to be one of the greatest traders who every lived. Livermore made and lost a million-dollar fortune three times, and died tragically of suicide in 1940. He lived through the Panic of 1907, the First World War, the Roaring Twenties, the 1929 Crash and the Great Depression. He made much of his profits by selling short and cooking up various means of stock market manipulation, all of which are now illegal.

He had a series of mansions around the world each fully staffed with servants, a fleet of limousines, and a steel-hulled yacht for trips to Europe because, "Jesse never took public transportation." Livermore was curious mixture because he could recite the Bible to support any point and yet liked to cruise through Manhattan at night in one of his bright yellow Rolls Royces, picking up women.

One of his greatest insights was that you need to learn your own strengths and weaknesses as a trader. And this is the key to success for the spontaneous trader."

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.