FFX 0.00% 20.0¢ firefinch limited

Trades so far - Active capping in action

1. SRV
    3,252 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 37
    Same old nonsense going on - 10 shares, 7 shares, 21 shares, 85 shares, 56 shares, 311 shares, 246 shares, 211 shares, 569 shares...

This is ACTIVE CAPPING of the bid side - it isn't shorting as some suggested - it's pure manipulation.

Note the para which I've pasted below, from this lovely little release re algo trades: http://www.asx.com.au/documents/media/20100211_review_algorithmic_trading_and_market_access.pdf

I wonder when ASIC will 'be equipped to deal effectively' with it... whatever the f**k that means.

"When considering these complex issues, it is important to avoid simplistic characterisations. Algorithmic trading is not inherently harmful to market integrity or quality – in fact algorithmic trading plays an important role in developing liquidity. Equally, algorithmic trading is not, by definition, inherently good for market quality and integrity. Significant order flow generated by an algorithm should not be considered as synonymous with ‘liquidity’, and therefore desirable regardless of its impact. Rather, the growth in algorithmic activity has generated new issues which to date have not been evident in Australia, but for which the Australian regulatory framework and whole-of-market supervisory infrastructure needs to be equipped."
    Last edited by SRV: 18/10/16

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FFX (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.