Nurses, police etc - definately underpaid in relation to other...

1. 252 Posts.

Nurses, police etc - definately underpaid in relation to other professions. Teachers - well thats another story.

I am a tradesman and earn around the 200K mark. People forget that to earn some of these dollars you are normally forced to work in the middle of no-where in a camp away from your family.

My instance is 13-14 hour days, 13 days a fortnight.
    No roster involved here. you get to see your family only when you can get holidays which is not allowed in the first 12 months.Your only waking hours away from work is eating dinner then bed.

This is not living- and unsustainable, but you take the work while its there as it comes and goes.

Is the trade off worth the big bucks - i bet my son would say no, but we all do what we have to do,and all have options / choices to retrain in something more suitable to what we want out of life.

Yes, i do consider myself lucky, but these big paying jobs are not all what they are cracked up to be.

As far as the construction / mining industry goes - there is no industry with greater death rates of industrial diseases - cancers etc.

So be careful whose job you wish for, its only money and theres no point being the most lonely rich person in the world.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.