CTM 2.00% 51.0¢ centaurus metals limited

Indonesia (the world's biggest Ni exporter- but nearly all dirty...

1. 1,582 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 396
    Indonesia (the world's biggest Ni exporter- but nearly all dirty Ni laterites) has a ban on the export of its raw Ni ore- it must first be refined in Indonesia, before it can be exported.

The EU, USA, & many other countries have objected to Indonesia, over its ban; & the EU has been successful, in the WTO, in its legal action against Indonesia on this ban.

The EU said (re Indonesia's ban, & non-compliance with the WTO court Ruling)) on 7.7.23

"The EU’s Enforcement Regulation enables the EU to enforce international obligations, to which fellow WTO members have agreed, when a trade dispute is blocked despite the EU's efforts to follow dispute settlement procedures in good faith.

EU stakeholders have until 11 August 2023 to give their views on using the EU Enforcement Regulation in this case. Based on the results of the consultation, the EU may proceed to propose countermeasures in the autumn. These countermeasures could include the imposition of duties or quantitativerestrictions (my emphases) on imports/exports".

The IMF has also opposed the the Ni ban by Indonesia- but Indonesia has continued with its ban on raw Ni export ore.

I agree with@matrond (link below) that Indonesia may, therefore, imperil its Ni exports- that it may face retaliatory action, or a partial boycott etc. by the EU & US etc. over its ban. Such retaliatory action would benefit CTM.
    Post #:68686342
    Last edited by Montalbano: 10/07/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CTM (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.