CTM 0.00% 47.0¢ centaurus metals limited

1. Ni price had a good rebound last night, to US $20318 p/t- up...

1. 1,492 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 359
    1. Ni price had a good rebound last night, to US $20318 p/t- up US $234.There have been 2 days of falls.
    As I previously wrote c.1 week ago, I expected a pullback, & fall to below US $20k p/t for a while- then for the uptrend to continue. Will this eventuate?

2. China is trying to "shackle & unfairly" undercut western mining companies, & crucial western mineral supply chains etc.

(Also, the USA has, c.1 week ago, announced tariffs of 100% on Chinese made EV imports etc.- but not yet, directly , on China's use of anti- ESG, cheap, & very high CO2 Indon refined Ni laterites.The US stated China is providing unfair subsidies etc. which, it claims, flout WTO rules.

The EU is currently conducting an official, related enquiry, & has stated it may implement similar measures soon against China).

Thanks @MtnMusic for posting the direct quote from the 21.5.24 New York's prestigious Wall Street Journal; & the QPM tweet of 20.5.24. Post #:73970359

Wall Street Journal 21.5.24 said

"...Like other western miners, Talon says it isn't a fair fight. Chinese nickel companies receive cheap state financing as part of a strategic imperative to gain control of... pricing ...".
    " All the western projects have to meet market-based economic criteria"...
    "
    The mineral industry is a national priority for Beijing. Metals & mining investment under its Belt & Road initiative hit record levels last year. Chinese official lending for minerals projects in developing countries typically offers lower rates than commercial loans (to Chinese companies- my words)..
    Meanwhile, western companies struggle to get loans...western banks are reluctant to finance projects in risky-mineral rich countries, and that China is often the only player".

QPM Director S. Grocott tweet, 20.5.24, said

"The forecast nickel sulphate deficits , and the growing desire of North America, the EU, & nortern Asia for low cost, clean, battery chemicals supply are manifest (all emphaes, mines".
    Last edited by Montalbano: 25/05/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CTM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
47.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $233.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
47.5¢ 48.0¢ 46.0¢ $510.1K 1.084M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 13080 47.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
47.5¢ 13403 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CTM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.