CTM 1.39% 36.5¢ centaurus metals limited

Trading day running commentary, page-4621

1. 1,553 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 377
    Reuters 24.7.24 A. Home said

"Car-makers should take note because if they are ultimately sourcing the nickel in their batteries from Indonesia, they risk reputational damage and being unprepared for government regulation.
    IN 2027, the EU Battery Passport is coming. It will require detailed information on carbon footprint, environmental impact and full supply-chain transparency of inputs such as cobalt and nickel all the way back to the mine-site.
    NO PASPORT, NO ENTRYTO THE EUROPEAN UNION (All emphases, mine)
    As Indonesian nickel supply continues to grow, crushing prices and forcing higher-standard operators out of business, automotive companies and their battery suppliers could be in for a rude awakening.
    If they are not yet prepared to pay a premium for ethically sourced metal, they should at least ensure they can identify what is not clean, green nickel".

In search of the elusive green nickel premium | Reuters

Western countries will NOT allow China to dominate the EV manufacturing & Critical Minerals' industries (as per the Green Passport legislation; & the high tariffs, introduced recently- up to 100% in the USA- already placed on EV's made in China). Many millions of jobs in the West will not be undermined; ditto, a big part of their industrial base (which has defence implications, versus bellicose Russia & China), & GDP, for many countries.

It is not a coincidence that BHP stated it will review, in 2027, whether to re-open its shut down Ni mines in WA...Feb. 2027 is when the EU makes it compulsory for its Green Passport legislation to be complied with, at the latest.
    Last edited by Montalbano: Yesterday, 22:13

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CTM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
36.5¢
Change
0.005(1.39%)
Mkt cap ! $181.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
37.5¢ 37.5¢ 34.5¢ $146.6K 408.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 32063 35.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
36.5¢ 3597 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CTM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.