SGH 0.00% 54.5¢ slater & gordon limited

Trading games until announcement, page-490

1. 311 Posts.
    Walkingeagle,

Don't have a go at internet bulletins boards just for giving licence to negative posters who aim to destroy shareholder wealth. I'm a bit embarrassed to admit part of my buy decision was made after a typically ludicrously positive post by a much loved (even by me still) and currently suspended poster on HC who shall remain nameless

But without HC I may not have been informed enough to get out with most of my capital still intact.

Live and learn. And what I've learnt about shorters is rumours are a part of their game yes, but a fall can't be sustained over a long period of time on rumour alone.

Look at the recent attack on the banks by a number of international hedge funds. The 60 Minutes story on a housing bubble actually used as one of its 'experts' a PR guy engaged by the shorters themselves.

There is another good story in the CBA thread that illustrates how shorters work- this one showing how the attack went down on Herbalife.

Believe it or not, posters accuse others of fear mongering on HC to drive down the price of CBA shares! Ten percent of the ASX manipulated by HC! LOL

So yes shorters are active and spreading fear on HC among other places for their own ends. Yes they've exaggerated some of the news. But they didn't sustain it with ASIC enquiries, changes to the UK law, guidance and misguidance, poor announcements and non announcements, write downs and cash flow catastrophes.

Don't get me wrong. I think SGH has potential, even though for me I can't get a feel for the probabilities yet. But to blame shorters operating on Hot Copper, for even a *tiny* part of the mess actually created by SGH itself is to endanger the valuable information sharing tool we are exchanging views on right now.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SGH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.