CTP 7.27% 5.1¢ central petroleum limited

There is something in this part of the Announcement that got me...

1. 24,386 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 176
    There is something in this part of the Announcement that got me a little gobsmacked and wondering as well. And yet, to my knowledge, not many have picked that up.

It goes as follow:

"The three emails mentioned in Mr. Shortt's email were attached, together with a copy of a caution letter dated also 4 February 2012 as an attachment. Set out below is an extract from the text from one of the three emails sent by Mr. Heugh to Mr. Shortt on 4 February 2012:

Now, why just an extract of those E-mails...?? Extract can be easily used to suit one's needs IMO. I would like to be able to read the whole context of those E-mails before passing judgment.

"Trevor, I have thought through this and believe that the matters therein should be brought to your attention. However, after we discuss this on my return, I am prepared to expunge this from your records if our discussion concludes that such a caution is not required. This is entirely a legitimate process. I warn you, I can withdraw it and expunge from all files. No other records have been kept apart from a soft copy on my desktop and nothing on the various other server hard drives. No other person has any knowledge of this. This is a discrete matter and not to be confused with any other communication or discussion that may be
    extant.

At the time that the Chairman received the email sent to him by Mr. Shortt (and its attachments), Mr. Heugh had never spoken to the Chairman about having any concerns or issues with Mr. Shortt’s performance, and in the Chairman's experience in working with Mr. Shortt, the Chairman/the Board has never had any issues with his
    performance.

The Chairman/the Board did not, and does not, believe that Mr. Shortt's performance in any way warranted the issue of a caution letter."

What is going on here that we haven't been told I wonder.

IMO, there would have had to be some reasons for JH to write those E-mails to Shortt. Two reasons quickly come to mind:

1) Either JH has lost his plot. Or

2) JH know something that none of us know and for some unknown reasons, he was prepared to sweep it all under the carpet.

The Credit Card costs quickly come to mind.

Please DYOR. All I am doing is extracting informations that have been incorporated in the Announcement of the 11th current, and where IMHO the Current Board should be more explicit and open.

Cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CTP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.1¢
Change
-0.004(7.27%)
Mkt cap ! $37.74M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.2¢ 5.2¢ 5.1¢ $9.557K 184.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 37777 5.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.5¢ 16663 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CTP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.