GNS 0.00% 16.0¢ gunns limited

trading halt, page-6

1. 2,211 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    And this one from the Examiner (http://www.examiner.com.au/news/local/news/general/mill-announcement-delay/2092966.aspx)

A last minute request from Gunns has delayed a Federal Government decision on the future of its pulp mill.
    Federal Environment Minister Tony Burke was due to refuse or approve the final permit needed to build the $2.3 billion pulp mill today, but announced he needed another week

to consider new information.

Mr Burke said the company approached him yesterday seeking tougher environmental controls than were contained in the original application.

"The company further sought that these more stringent environmental controls be incorporated with the other decisions I am to make on the environmental impact management

plan.''

``My department needs to assess these proposed variations to the original pulp mill proposal and allow the Independent Expert Group to examine these variations.''

``I expect these processes will be complete, and I will be in a position to consider updated advice from my department, next week.''

Earlier today, Gunns requested a trading halt in anticipation of Mr Burke's announcement.

---------------------------

I'd expect that tighter environmental controls equates to a higher chance of approval... Does anyone feel otherwise?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GNS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.