SLR 0.00% $1.57 silver lake resources limited

trading halt, page-23

1. 3,362 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 141
    I lean (slightly) towards continuation with capital injection to develop the first underground mine. Five reasons:

1) when they halted development last year they were just a few weeks from accessing the ore; 2) their balance sheet was a mess back then, which only became truly apparent when the financial report was released. The balance sheet will be looking much better now; 3) the gold price was plummeting, which has since bottomed, stabilised and rising (cross fingers); 4) gold stocks have been performing much better, with capital flooding into the sector of late. And I'm assuming Davis is in Florida this week attending BMO; 5) all-in sustaining costs for Murchison were projected to be $A 1100/oz in presentations last year, and eight of the 14 open pits have either been developed or being developed, which would've inflated costs in the last 6 months.

Of course, this is a rose-tinted view. Perhaps Murch is in worse shape and needs yet a higher and more stable $A gold price. Or perhaps they've decided to use precious free cash flow to focus on various Mt Monger developments instead... we shall see.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SLR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.